Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, August 10, 2009

County Fair!

We've become annual fair-goers. And we're particular: we don't like the state fair, only the county one so this Saturday was the day! As usual, lots of fun complete with friends, piglet races, stinky cows, and deep-fried oreos. Great day.

Not that you can tell, but that's me holding Ella, and Esther holding Hanna on our way down!

Ella and Hanna were "Yee-hawing" all the way around the carousel

Tall enough to go on the Train ride by themselves!!

Chris and Andy, thankfully, did not lose their lunch on this one. I almost did just watching it.

Halle milking a goat!

Me and my fascination with non-domestic animals, I had to jump in and try too :-)

I'm sure there's some reason for this but I just took a picture because it was odd.

My favorite fair folks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment