Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

BLIZZARD!!!

Nothing like 2 feet of snow to have a lot of winter-Christmas-ey fun at home. We had a great day on Saturday. The snow fell non-stop from Friday night until Sunday morning! We cooked, made ornaments, decorated a gingerbread house, watched The Polar Express, and eventually played outside once the wind died down. Great day!






I was determined to mail the last of the Christmas cards and ventured out to the mailbox thinking that whole "come rain, sleet, snow" motto of the post office was for real. It's not. They didn't come :-(

Lots of fuse bead fun was had. I'm telling you $5 at Ikea has lasted us a year!


Ella and I ventured out to play in the evening while Chris shoveled his little heart out


Ella insisted on helping and stayed out there long after I went it to sweep snow off the cars with her broom while Chris shoveled. She really was helpful! I love having a 4 year old!




Ella loved sliding down this snowdrift mountain Chris made!

My rosy cheeked little girl after coming inside, ready for hot chocolate! LOVE days like these!

No comments:

Post a Comment