Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Party Prep!

So, I kind of lost my mind a bit when planning Ella's Birthday party this year.  I knew I wanted to limit the # of kids and not do another "let's invite everyone we've ever met" party like we usually do.  This was mostly motivated by the fact that Ella wanted to have the party at our house which simply cannot support a huge crowd.  So, we invited the girls from preschool and a few other close friends.  And no parents!  It was her first "drop-off" party which some parents embraced and others preferred to stick around (which was fine-it was nice to have the extra hands!).

Anyway, back to how I'm crazy. So, this being my first at-home party since Ella's first birthday, I got a little excited.  And had a great theme (Pinkalicious*).  And had months to plan (no school or work is great!).  And I went a bit overboard.  This didn't occur to me until hours before the party when Chris arrived with 30 pink balloons to decorate our already VERY pink house.  Hmmm...a little much. Slightly more Bat Mitzvah or Wedding than birthday party but even the prep was mostly enjoyable....until the night before/day of when we realized we had to pretty much empty our house of all but major furniture in order to fit everyone and everything in.  Yeah, a little much.  But, what can i say, the kids had fun, Ella felt loved and we'll be eating pink and green food for weeks. It was a learning experience for me-definitely more restraint for future parties.  I promise :-)  Here are some pics of the prep.  Party pics to come soon...

*Pinkalicious is a cute kids book about a girl who eats too many pink cupcakes and turns pink.  She has to eat green foods to return to normal-hence cupcakes and pink and green ALL over my house!

Pink cupcakes!


Oreo Truffles, pink and green of course :-)




All set to paint ceramic cupcakes

5 comments:

  1. Looks so delicious!!!

    Happy birthday Ella!

    Hope you have recovered, Corinne.

    What memories you are creating.

    Love,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Corinne! I bet Ella and her friends had such a good time. :)
    I understand your sentiment about a little more "restraint" next year -- it's probably good that you don't feel pressure to go bigger and better every year. You could enjoy this year without feeling like you have to repeat that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH yeah, you're out of control. How fun for the kids, though!

    So where'd you put the furniture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job! I'm almost finished editing my party pics... the hardest part was color correcting for the excessive pinkness :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @EG-Mostly we just moved lots of the baby paraphenalia into the garage and our bedroom. Tables and bookshelves and chairs did get moved around too. Now that it's over we kind of like the sparse look and haven't put everything back yet :-)

    ReplyDelete