Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sadie is 15 months!

Sadie is exceedingly cute these days.  She's so goofy and silly and understands so much and when in the mood, talks quite a bit!  Chris, Ella and I are still totally in love with this little girl. 

  • Stats:
    • At her 15 month appt
          • Length:  31 7/8 inches (90th percentile)
        • Weight: 23lbs 2oz (50-75th percentile)
      •  Head: 47 1/2 cm (90-95th percentile)
  • Sleeping: she had an enormous set back when Chris was out of town for a week.  She has been sleeping through the night for months and months but woke up many times every night he was gone (except the first night when she didn't realize he was gone).  She'd cry for "Dada"-it was wretchedly sad.  She also wouldn't nap well during the day that week and then we went out of town the day after Chris got home and she was a horrible sleeper there too.  We're recovering but it took almost 2 weeks for her to not stand up and cry EVERY time we put her in her crib after Chris got back.  Bottom line: Chris cannot travel.  Ever. Again.
    • we're still transitioning between 1 and 2 naps.  The problem with one nap is that she usually only naps 1.5-2hrs.  If I let her have 2 naps, she'll sleep a total of 3 hrs or more.  So, still doing 2 naps on mornings we can. At night she's sleeping from 7ish to anywhere between 6 and 7:30. Usually closer to 6am.  Sigh. 
    • UPDATE: she has recovered from Chris' trip and is happily laying in her bed and going to sleep when we put her down.  PRAISE GOD! (took about 2 -3weeks)
  • Eating: slowing down a bit in her voracious appetite.  A little more picky and doesn't eat as much at every single meal (though still handily out eats Ella).  Still loves her meat :-)
  • Mobility-Sadie's a fast crawler and still tends to drag one leg which is incredibly cute to watch.  She can stand up on her own for a few seconds and then gets scared and sits down.  On her 15 month birthday last week at Aunt Amy's house she took her first steps!  She took 2 then fell, then 3, and then did 5 steps!  It helped that Amy, Ella, Hannah, Christopher and I were all cheering insanely :-)  And of course, she hasn't done it since then.  No rush.  I'm ok with a crawler.
  • Personality: 
    • SILLY! I need to make some videos of the child because she's just plain silly.  She loves to make funny faces, initiate games of peekaboo, climb on anyone, hug and kiss dolls and certain people (especially Ella!), she thinks it's hysterical to lean backwards and make anything around her into a pillow and she loves being tickled.  
    • She has a very adamant head shake when she doesn't want something. It's super cute (and I hope is not to soon replaced by the far less cute "no"). 
    • She likes to snuggle and hug and in the last week has learned to wave and blow kisses.
    • Sadie is compliant in a way that Ella never was.  I pray this sticks around...it's kind of amazing to me that she tends to obey as soon as I say something one time.  Weird.
Words Sadie understands
  • splash
  • milk
  • cup/drink
  • bath
  • outside
  • dog
  • lay your head down
  • hug
  • snuggle
  • smooch
  • kiss
  • ball
  • bed
  • nap
  • on/in
  • more
  • all done
  • body parts (head, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, hand, toes, belly button)

Words Sadie says (or has said a couple times! ha! We take what we can get!)
  • ball
  • dog
  • owl
  • mama
  • dada
  • Ella
  • olive
  • diaper
  • bottle
  • more
  • please
  • bird
  • book
  • up
  • bye
  • and LOTS of random words/phrases various people claim they've heard her say (including french fry, necklace, rabbit, under the table and many more)

So thankful for this not-so-much-a-baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE her!! And, I think she says "Amy" too. I'm just going to add that one to my mental list of Sadie's words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We totally feel your pain with the nap situation. Elsa has stopped napping in the morning even though we have continued to put her in her crib each day. She putters for an hour and then we take her out. But the afternoon nap is rarely longer than 1 hr 20 min. (Which is admittedly more than what we were getting before, but still...) On the rare occasion that she does in fact dose off in the morning, the afternoon nap gets nixed. And she just gets so tired during periods of the day. I so wish she would still grab a quick nap in the AM. P.S. - Send any insights my way. ;)

    ReplyDelete