- Ella was the star student last week at her school! She got to wear a special hat and necklace all week and had all kinds of fun priveleges including a special display on the wall with her favorite thigns and picture of her and her family. So proud of her!
- Sadie Grace is 18 months old! She is super lively, sweet, and smart. She has also learned to say "no" and "mine" and run away from me in Target. Alas, it happens to the best of 'em.
- Sadie talks A TON and pronounces many things perfectly. I can tell a big difference between having a child without hearing loss. She hears every whisper and dog barking down the street and is able to pronounce words more clearly much younger than Ella did.
- Chris and I took an awesome 4 day trip to Canada (our belated 10th anniversary celebation). It was wonderful to get away and came at a perfect time-things have been seriously, psycho-stressful around here lately.
- Chris and Ella went to visit our friends Lucas and Anne and their baby Mae on their farm in Virginia. Ella got to feed chickens, gather eggs and paint the new beehive among other farm-y tasks :-) They had a blast!!
- In our lifegroup's quest to find a ministry we can serve in long term we got to join a ministry at our church and walk around in the city and pray with and serve food to prostitutes in a rough area of town. It was much less scary than everyone anticipated and I personally LOVED it and hope to partner with this ministry again.
- I'm graduating in 80 days. Just try and stop me.
- We put our house on the market last week-praying for a somewhat miraculous sale price asap so that we don't have to put ALL our savings into getting out of this house. I'll miss this house but I'm hopeful this is the time for more space.
- In the last few weeks both kids have had pink eye and colds, I've had a cold and I tore ligaments in my back which was wretched and took 2 weeks to feel normal again (and one lovely pack of steroids)
- Let's see, what else...lots of tough stuff going on that's not blog-worthy but hopefully peace and good news on all those fronts is coming soon.
- I have zillions of pictures to share...someday I'll get to that. Hopefully sooner rather than later!
Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Catching up
This poor blog has been neglected. Meanwhile...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No wonder the blog has been neglected - you're crazy busy! Thanks for the updates. 80 days! Lots of changes for your family!
ReplyDelete