Wednesday Nights are when I'm in school this semester (and Thursdays sadly). But, Wednesdays starting at 3:30pm Chris has the kids through bed time. A highlight for me is getting text messages with pictures of what they're doing. Chris is an awesomely creative, affectionate, fun, enthusiastic, and involved Dad. I could not ask for more for my girls. The other day Ella and I were chatting in the car and I explained how some husbands aren't as great as Chris is. She said "I know. He really loves you and us. I want a husband just like him when I'm older cause my kids will need a great Dad." She didn't realize how sweet this was but I almost cried! What an innocent, pure testimony of what a great job Chris does. So blessed.
Working on the quarter collection. They now have nickel and penny collector sets too. As a result, Ella can now pronounce places like "American Samoa" and "Guam" because they have their own quarters :-) And she knows facts I certainly did not know like why there are different little letters on different coins (mintmarks). Chris is passing on his love of knowledge.
Chris' post with this pic on Facebook said "$2 bill=impromptu history lesson"
Good Lord I'm thankful for this man. My history lesson on this would have begun with our friend Google.
Yes, they are taking apart a Tivo. Every appliance we have that dies first gets dismantled by Chris and the girls and then thrown away. This would never occur to me to do but now our girls are learning how things work inside. Chris is a stinkin' genius.
Recently Ella started piano lessons on Wednesdays so that's part of Chris' routine with them. At her first lesson, Christ snuck a picture of Ella with Miss Virginia :-)
What a great pic to get during class!
When Chris posted this on Facebook as "a perk to working from home", one friend commented asking "Is she your secretary?" heehee-I'm ok with this kind of "cute secretary" :-)
And a final cute pic Chris took of Sadie. Thankful for a husband who has never, ever, once complained about having the girls when I'm at school. Hope they won't miss their Wednesdays together too much when the semester ends!







Ella's comment just melted my heart! So sweet :)
ReplyDelete