Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Ren fest 2013

We were too busy very weekend last year and missed to renaissance festival for the first time since we moved back here. So, we could not let this happen again! Too many fond memories (Chris' family introduced me to the ten fest when we were just dating) and way too much spectacle that you simply won't see anywhere else that we had to expose the kids to. We had a really good time :-) 

Sadie at almost the entire pickle :-)
After we'd been there a few hours it started POURING!!
SO cool that dad can juggle :-)
Sadie is our child with a need for speed and wanted to go on this long, bumpy, fast wooden slide (ella refused!)
My absolute favorite performer by far. I've seen his show every single time I've been and it's almost exactly the same and I love it every time. Jonny Fox, the sword swallower rocks.
We happened to walk by the huge rock wall castle as some dude dressed like superman was climbing and the crowd was cheering! Hilarious.
Jousting!!
Awesome Saturday :-)

1 comment:

  1. Joe tried the rock wall last time we went. The top part is super hard!!! Your post makes me want to take the kids!

    ReplyDelete