Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Friday, February 27, 2015

Yummy snow day

Years ago, on a snow day little tiny Ella and I made soft pretzels for the first time and yesterday on an unexpected snow day we decided to do it again! They were super tasty and Sadie loved helping. She said her play doh skills helped her be the best "worm maker" when we were rolling out the dough 😄 

While the dough was rising Ella and I picked a new recipe to try for dinner and got the sauce and marinade made. It was a Teriyaki glazed Salmon with Sriracha cream sauce and it turned out to be PHENOMENAL. Seriously adding it to our regular dinners rotation...it was wonderful and everyone loved it (Sadie didn't want the spicy sauce but pink fish is pretty much her dream come true!) Overall a very yummy day :-) 

Pretzel recipe and video 

Salmon recipe 
http://damndelicious.net/2012/05/30/teriyaki-salmon-with-sriracha-cream-sauce/






No comments:

Post a Comment