*Her walking is becoming smoother and smoother but it's definitely still a very cute "toddling" walk.
*She still has only 6 teeth so I guess her love of high pitched shrieking can't be blamed on teething.
*The main discipline issue is screaming for things instead of asking and she's reverted to throwing food on the floor again. She's very dramatic (big crocodile tears and wailing) when she doesn't get what she wants but we're trying to get a handle on this discipline thing (time outs, slap on the hand) and I think it'll help curb the drama.
*She's understanding so much more! It was shocking to me the first time I asked if she needed a clean diaper and she nodded, pointed to her diaper, AND she actually did need one. The same with asking her if she wants a certain food and she actually eats it rather than a few months ago when she'd throw it on the floor right after saying "yes" she wanted it. Yes and no are fabulous words for her to understand but the exciting thing to me is how many questions she actually understands also. "Yes" isn't all that useful if you don't know what "diaper" is. She can actually convey her desires on so many things...if I ask her if she wants to take a bath (and she then heads straight for the bathroom), if she wants a snack (and she starts walking to the snack drawer in the kitchen), if she wants to go outside (she goes and stands by the door and nods her head), or play with the dogs (goes right to their crates), or read a book or play with her toys or get in her crib etc. I'm so used to talking to her mostly to hear myself talk, not really expecting a real response so it's kind of amazing to me that she actually understands and responds now! When did that happen?
*Her favorite toys right now are bubbles, magna-doodle, coloring, and most things musical. She likes the playground a lot too-slides are her favorite.

*She does not like being in the car but is distracted by books, toys, snacks, and when those get old (about 5 minutes after we get in the car), she points to the radio and when I ask if I should play Ella's music she nods her head up and down which means "hello, yes you should turn on my music silly woman." She is completely content when I turn on her kid music on most any car ride. Sometimes I just can't listen to any more little squeaky kids voices singing "the wheels on the bus" and she cries until something else distracts her. I'm all about teaching her that you can't always have what you want when you want it.
*Taking her to the mall or Target or the grocery store for more than about 20 minutes anytime near her nap (really anytime if I'm honest) is usually a big mistake. (I will forevermore withhold judgment on moms whose kids are having tantrums in public as I have now joined their ranks).
*She's still a great sleeper. She's sleeping about the same as the last few months (nap from 1pm-3:30ish and 7:30pm-8am). She still goes down fine at other people's houses in her pack-n-play at night (I'm pretty sure I've never had to go get her after putting her down at someone's house because she's crying-I LOVE that she can do this-what will I do when she's in a big girl bed? Stay home after 8pm like most parents I guess).
*She's wearing a mixture of 12-18month clothes (which are getting tight/short) and 18-24 month clothes (which are way too long).
*Still has a bottle of milk to go to sleep. I know we have to get rid of it at some point but I don't have it in me to let her cry it out when I know she's hungry. It just breaks my heart. Nothing else we've tried works. Chris' mom keeps telling me that you don't see kids in kindergarten with bottles and I shouldn't worry about it. That's what I remind myself to assuage my guilt for being a wimp and not just taking it away.
Overall though, she's a really funny, sweet, curious little girl. She laughs a lot, smiles a lot and FINALLY is getting to be very cuddly! Oh, and she now says her name and points to pictures of herself and says "Ella, Ella!" She's just SO cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment