Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Ren Fest 2007
The Renaissance Festival is a Heiliger Family tradition. I've been invited to come along for many years, well before I was a Heiliger myself, before Chris and I were even dating. It's always a fun, other-worldy experience-lots of food on sticks (steak, strawberries, mac-n-cheese, cheesecake, you name it), real live jousting (you don't see men and horses in armor running at each other every day), glass blowing, a beautiful woodland landscape, and lots of medieval style corset cleavage. I gave up trying avert Chris' eyes from the cleavage years ago, it's just too plentiful to avoid. Anyway, Ella had a great time this year seeing elephants, horses, a sword swallower, playing on their playground, and riding on Uncle David's shoulders. This year was Ping's first ren fest experience so it was lots of fun to see it through her eyes too-I'm pretty sure she had a blast. Lots of fun was had by all.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment