Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Night Out

Last night we met some friends for dinner and my parents (Abuela and Popeye to Ella) came over to watch Ella. When we got home I was putting Ella to bed and had this little conversation...

Me:Did you have fun with Abuela and Popeye?
Ella: Yes! SO much fun!
Me:Good!
Ella:Where Mommy and Daddy go?
Me:Mommy and Daddy love each other SO much so sometimes we go out, just us, on a date!
Ella:Oh. For dinner time?
Me: Yeah
Ella(with building excitement):To a restaurant?
Me:Yes! We went to a restaurant that had guacamole and chips! (Ella LOVES guacamole)
Ella (sounding almost disappointed:) Oh, I've been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment