Today we were at Dunkin' Donuts and they gave Ella 2 little chocolate donut holes (I guess because she's cute?) and she was THRILLED. She looked at me and said "Wow mom! Look! I got two chocolate meatballs!!!"
Yesterday she randomly walked up to me looking kinda forlorn and said "Mom, can you hold me like a tiny baby please?" I was so excited because she's not usually too interested in snuggling so I scooped her up but she'd had her fill within about thirty seconds :-( Maybe she'll ask again :-)
A few days ago we were in the car...
Mom:Ella, when we get home it's time to go to bed ok?
Ella (looking out the window): Oh, it's night time?
Me: Yup
Ella:But mom, where's the moon?
Chris and I: (laughing our heads off)
Ella (discounting us since we were not helpful):Oh, it's just under the clouds.
A few days ago...
Ella: Mom can you get a baby in your tummy?
Me: Do I have a baby? No, Miss Jen has a baby in her tummy and Aunt Ping has a baby in her tummy
Ella:No, Mommy needs a baby in her tummy...please? And then it will grow up and be my friend.
Me (laughing): What kind of baby should it be?
Ella:a boy baby
Me: Really? What should his name be?
Ella: name is....boy
Me:But where will he sleep? Should he sleep in Ella's bed?
Ella:No, maybe on the couch?
Corinne - I'm so glad that you guys have this blog so we can stay in touch. I love reading it!
ReplyDelete