Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Photography Class-Assignment #1

My SIL Amy is doing a Photography class on her blog and I'm going to do my best to participate! What that means after this crazy week is that I just spent 40 minutes taking pictures all around my house trying to get something to post because it's due tomorrow! Hopefully I'll have more time to get it done during the week next time and have more exciting (live) subjects!

This week's assignment is on using the rule of thirds. Here's the description from Amy's blog (and originally from Wikipedia)

The Rule of Thirds states that an image should be imagined as divided into nine equal parts by two equally-spaced horizontal lines and two equally-spaced vertical lines, and that important compositional elements should be placed along these lines or their intersections.

So, here are a couple...







1 comment:

  1. NICE! You nailed it. I really like the color on the spoon pic. And, I think it'll be a lot easier now that you know how to select the focus :-)

    ReplyDelete