Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Williamsburg Part 2

Our lovely vacation involved lots of sitting around our timeshare playing games :-) Princess Yahtzee, Canasta, Sequence, and kids Monopoly were the favorites of the week.


One particularly freezing day we decided to venture down to Newport News and the Living Museum. It was part science center, part zoo, part aquarium. LOVED it.


These foul little creatures (mice) had JUST been born. Seriously minutes before. We weren't there for their big entrance but this was certainly enough to turn my stomach :-) Somehow my appreciation of God's creation is harder to muster on rodents.

We spent bunch of time in Colonial Williamsburg (CW) and on campus at W&M. It was too cold to spend too much time outside but we jumped from store to store and stocked up on 1/2 price christmas ornaments and W&M Tribe Pride attire.

Ella and I in front of my old dorm :-)


We made colonial Christmas ornaments at a museum in Colonial Williamsburg (CW). We're all quite crafty so it was fun :-)


Ella loved the candy store and picked a chocolate covered pretzel rod as her one treat among the mountains of candy.


One final shot of CW on our last night down there. We love you Williamsburg-we'll be back soon!

4 comments:

  1. Those mice are gross! And that makes Todd's story of waking up one morning to find his pet mouse had delivered nine babies in the night even more disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see pictures of Williamsburg again. I can't wait to get back myself one of these days. Random comment: Justin and I ended up popping into an antique shop in Havre de Grace after we went our separate ways. We got this piece to hang above our couch. Every time I see it I think about you guys! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! Maybe next time you go we can meet you down there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of you and Ella in front of your dorm. Y'all are so colorful and cute!

    ReplyDelete