Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Visitors!

I loved having visitors at the hospital! I didn't get pictures of all of them but thank you all for coming! It was wonderful to have that support :-) This is in no particular order and by no means everyone who came-thanks for coming even if you aren't pictured below!

My wonderful friend Ana

Chris' parents-proud to have grandchild #6! (and they all live within 15 minutes!)

My 2 Hollys and my sis :-)

Marissa was our most frequent visitor and so helpful on the day of delivery with Ella. It was so nice to have her come almost every day

Melissa-friend from grad school (not sure how we didn't get picture with Kate who came with her!)

Nana

Uncle Dave and Aunt Julie. Julie was so excited to see that you can marry into this TALL family and not have enormous babies (Chris was 11lbs 1oz when he was born and Sadie was only 6lbs 14oz!)

On the day of the delivery, Ella got some "you're a big sister!" presents from Chris and me.

My dad, who somehow managed to not find out it was a girl the entire time we knew. Ella is a fabulous secret keeper! He was hoping for a girl though and was thrilled :-)

My mom :-)

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I ever asked you about your dad's reaction! How'd I miss that one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy-My sister was the first one to talk to him after Sadie was born so she told him so I didn't get to hear/see the initial reaction but he was really happy-he said he really wanted me to get to raise two little girls like he did :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all those happy people - I love it!

    ReplyDelete