I've discovered that Ella's deep love for Sadie and her obsession with her cuteness exists even when she first opens her eyes in the morning. So, I've started bringing Sadie into her room in the mornings and laying her right next to Ella to wake her up. Every morning Ella opens her eyes, sees Sadie inches away from her and a huge smile spreads over her face and she says in a groggy but high pitched baby-talk voice "Good morning Sister!" and is up for the day happily. If I go in by myself to wake her up (since she's started ignoring her alarm) she burrows under the covers and requires being dragged out of bed. I hope the Sadie trick works for a long time to come :-) Such pleasant mornings!
 |
| This is what an almost 5 year ago difference looks like! Ella seems SO tall to me now! |
 |
| Smiles! |
 |
| Chatting |
 |
| Pensive |
 |
| Crazy Faces! |
 |
| A few days ago, I told Ella to leave Sadie in the middle of the bed and to get dressed for school. I came back a few minutes later and Ella built Sadie a "fort" so she couldn't roll off the bed. A pillow on one side and stuffed animals lined up on guard on the other :-) |
I actually thought the first photo was Ella and a baby doll!
ReplyDeleteCan they get any cuter? Yes, probably, when Sadie starts calling Ella "Sissie" and following her from room to room.
ReplyDeleteI love how enamored Ella is with Sadie. So sweet. And I am a big fan of the new blog name: Front Porch Ladies. Perfect!
ReplyDelete