Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

In Sadie News...

My poor baby has been sick :-(  She's been congested for literally 2 months and then in turned into bronchiolitis (the dr. could hear wheezing in her lungs which is enough to qualify for that diagnosis).  That led to nebulizer breathing treatments at the doctor's office, an inhaler with a spacer and mask to give her treatments every 4-6 hrs, and MANY days and nights of watching her breathing praying she didn't become "distressed" in which case we were to go straight to the ER.  Ugh.  Sick babies are enough to break your heart!  Though it took almost 2 weeks, she was deemed wheeze-free at the doctor last friday (I'm becoming quite friendly with everyone in the office there since I'm there all the time!)  She's still been a little congested but has seemed almost normal for the last 2 days.  Whoohoo!!!!  This whole time she's been happy and never had a fever so though it's been tough, it helps that she hasn't seemed miserable or cranky at all!  Praise the Lord for such a sweet, content baby-and hopefully a generally healthy one from now on too!

She's quite a little giggler now!

She's big enough for the bumbo seat and actually starting to like sitting up!  She's also become an exersaucer fan in the last few days.

She's been getting in on the Christmas prep too!

2 comments:

  1. That Bumbo seat picture is insane!! How is she so kid-like all of a sudden?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't stand the inhaler with the mask - we did that briefly then bought a nebulizer from our doctor's office (after insurance it was something like $13 - seriously). I'm sorry you went through all that - it's terrible listening for a wheeze. I have trouble differentiating a wheeze from chest congestion. Glad she's all better!

    ReplyDelete