Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Two Day Thanksgiving Extravaganza!

Thanksgiving was really good this year!  A relaxing, smallish Thanksgiving with Chris' family on Thursday and then we hosted my family and some friends on Friday (25 people in all).  Friday was a bit of a zoo but I learned my lesson after overdoing it with Ella's party so we had plenty of everything but I didn't do or make everything I thought of (or that looked cool online!). Hence, I wasn't stressed and my extroversion had a heyday with all the people around all day!  It was great to be able to invite friends who don't have family in the area.  Definitely a perk of hosting.  That, and the leftovers :-)  It really was a great celebration sprinkled with many conversations and prayers about all we're thankful for.
Miss Cree helping Ella squeeze a lemon for a cream cheese pie at Chris' familiy's annual Pie Night (30+ pies get made the night before Thanksgiving!)

Luke was a cheese ball fan at Pie Night!

I made some maple roasted carrots and fell in love with how the peels looked in the collander!

I LOVE the colors of Thanksgiving!

I let Ella get in on the peeling action and she did well!

We found a craft where you make turkeys out of gumdrops and toothpicks.  Even the adult attempts didn't quite resemble turkeys but the kids had fun!

A friend who joined us at my in-laws' house requested we make these "belly button" cookies and we were happy to oblige :-)

Ella and her two older cousins (the younger ones were out of town) spent at least an hour coloring pictures after the meal and hung them up to make an "art show" for the adults :-)  It was SO cute!  And super relaxing that they had so much fun while all the adults got to just chat over coffee and pie :-)

Nana, Chris' mom, the great leader of all things Pie Night and Thanksgiving.  She worked HARD to put together 2 great events!

Ella showed some interest in Aunt Stacy's project after dinner and got a little knitting lesson! Day One Done.
Friday after Thanksgiving was my Grandmother's 92nd Birthday!  We're SO thankful for her!
The early crew for Thanksgiving Day Two, Part 1 :-)  I was too busy having fun to take pictures of part 2 when 20ish people were there including 3 infants and 5 kids between 1 and 5.  Whew!  Great Day.
Leftovers!!






1 comment:

  1. I'm bummed we missed your day-after party.

    I've got to get my pie night pics up. Or my almost-pie-night-plus-the-ER pics :-)

    ReplyDelete