Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Nostalgia wins

 I have very fond memories of going to a local pick your own farm with my dad for many, many years growing up.  So, when Chris and I realized our weekends are packed this fall and there wasn't going to be a time to take the girls this week we decided we'd throw legalism to the wayside (who wants that anyway?) and skip church to go :-)  We got there when it opened and had a great time.  We got pumpkins, apples, took a hayride, Ella mastered the Hay Maze, and the hot apple fritters were amazing. There's defintitely something to be said for enjoying God and family in the sanctuary He created once in a while rather than in a more formal one :-)


Preparing to rock the Hay Maze

It cracks me up that Chris was FEET taller than the maze!

Chillin at the Barn

My Peeps!

Not so sure about Hay



2 comments:

  1. I love Ella's "pose" in the family pic! Too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures!!!! I am all about the fun family traditions, especially this time of year.

    ReplyDelete