Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, October 3, 2011

Turtles and Wings

Ella has been hilarious lately!  She's also been really well behaved, affectionate, and wanting lots of time with me since kindergarten started.  So far so good with how school is affecting her-hope that lasts!

Some recent conversations...
Me: (telling a story)...and one named Beau...
Ella: I know a Beau at school! He's Brianna's brother. Her turtle twin.
Me: her what??
Ella: Turtle twin. You know mom, when a boy and girl are twins. TUR-TLE twins.
Me:...wait...fraternal twins?? (laughing once I realized what she meant)
Ella:Noctural twins? Like they can see in the dark?
Me: (CRACKING UP) No! FRA-TERNAL! And Nocturnal means they stay up all night not that they can see in the dark!!
Ella: Fraternal? 
Me: Yes.
Ella: I like turtle twins better.
Me: Me too.

And today...
We were talking about going to heaven and how we'll have new bodies
Ella: what will they be like?
Me: I don't know.  The Bible just says they'll be new and we won't get old or sick or die but I don't know what they'll look like.
Ella: Ooo maybe we'll get to pick whatever we've always wanted and God will just make us into it!
Me: Maybe! That would be cool.  What would you pick?
Ella (without pausing for a second): Asian with wings.
Me: What?
Ella: I'd be asian and I'd have wings, like an angel.
WHERE DO THESE THINGS COME FROM??? I love that girl and she makes me laugh A LOT. Especially because she's not trying to be cute or funny, she's 100% sincere and innocent when she's this hilarious.  Loving this "almost 6" age :-)

3 comments:

  1. She is the best!!! I think one of the attributes that come along with being nocturnal includes seeing in the dark :) And having twins has to be hard enough; could you imagine if they stayed up all night?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that there was no hesitation. "Asian with wings."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read this and started laughing out loud at the Asian-with-wings comment so hard that my roommate came over to look at what I was reading.
    xoxo emily goldberg.

    ReplyDelete