Fun facts...
-It's become a ritual on a lot of mornings that after we get both kids dressed and fed and Ella off to the bus, I'll sit down for a couple minutes to eat my own breakfast while Sadie plays. This lasts about 2 minutes before she crawls over to my chair at the bar and "eh, eh, eh"s until I pick her up and then she proceeds to sit in my lap and eat all my breakfast :-)
-Sadie's cruising and making effective progress toward walking. She has started to be willing to take a few steps holding only one hand which she would NOT do a week ago. She's definitely pretty cautious physically, as was her sister. I'm in no rush for walking so the slow plan is good :-)
-Sadie likes to eat. A lot.
-Sadie lovesssss her belly button. She will pull up her shirt and point to it on command (the only body part she will consistently do this for) and likes to play with it at random.
We went to a free trial class at Gymboree where Sadie first discovered tunnels. She was scared at first but grew to love it in the short time we were there. So, our friend Jenn who was with us bought her one for her birthday. It's a HUGE hit!
-I think when I was pregnant I may have prayed more for this baby to be a snuggler than for her to be healthy. Ella was not snuggly as an infant or toddler (though she is now) and I desperately wanted a baby who would want to cuddle with me. And I got one! Most of the time, Sadie is very affectionate and sweet and likes cuddling up to read books or just stroke my cheek or hair. I LOVE all the precious moments we have like that every day.
-Sadie has developed in the last 3 months or so, a love of books. Hooray! That means she'll fit in in our family! She loves being read to and will sit and page through a stack of books on her own for a long time. In fact, that's usually how I get a shower these days-setting her in her crib with a pile of board books. Ella was exactly like this. Love it!
-This month, Sadie has discovered her silly side. She is hilarious! She's started to make funny faces just to get a reaction. She'll tilt her head and bug out her eyes and make an "o" with her mouth until I crack up. She's becoming quite the ham and I love her frequent giggles. Our house is filled with so much joy because of this little girl!
Ah, so cute! Thanks for the update!
ReplyDeleteThose feet!!! Love her :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that girl! And I love that I can make her laugh. She's good for my self esteem.
ReplyDelete