Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Beach Trip 2011

We had a fun but short trip to the beach.  We had to come back early for Ella to start school but we squeezed in all the important things-lots of time in the pool (we are not ocean people), A trip to the actual beach, Thrashers French Fries, Grotto's pizza, counting the ubiquitous Candy Kitchens, mini golf, the boardwalk, and funnel cake.  

So nostalgic for Chris and me-we both grew up going down to this same beach all the time!  We even stayed at the timeshare my parents have had for close to THIRTY years!  I learned to swim this same pool!!  I brushed my hair in the same exact mirror with light bulbs all around it where I burned my elbow when I was a kid (and still have teh scar). And, a bunch of people have been coming this same week since I was 5 years old and recongize and remember me!  It's craziness that they cheered Ella on in trying to swim across the pool 25 years after doing the exact same thing for me!  Blows my mind.  Thankful for this strange but sweet legacy!



Chris got asked to help in the mime show on the boardwalk

Ella's first bumper car ride!



It's blurry but i still like this picture of sweet little Ady and Michelle :-)









This silly face/pose is SO Sadie.  She's becoming a little ham :-)











4 comments:

  1. Is it Bethany where you go, Corinne? It is amazing that you see guests there who you saw there 25 years ago! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT pics! And, what a fun trip. We love being on vacation with you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool story that you've been going there all your life! Ella looks like she's having a blast in that bumper car :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella is getting so big! And I LOVE the picture of Sadie in the float!

    ReplyDelete