Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, September 26, 2011

Go Dragons!

First Soccer Game!  Go Dragons!!
I must say I was kind of shocked by how little our kids actually understand about soccer!  There were assumptions I made that I should not have. Like that they would pay attention to the ball and kick it in the right direction! Whew! I was yelling my lungs out trying to cheer them toward a victory but alas, we lost, a lot to zero.  At least now the dads know what to work on in practice!  Ella was very excited about seeing kids from school on other teams but not really keyed into the fact that she was playing a game.  My sweet little socialite :-)  She didn't quite understand how to go after the ball.  She told me "but mom, there were other people around it so I couldn't kick it" I never thought I'd WANT my kid to be more aggressive but I totally do.  It'll be interesting to see the growth over the season and whether Ella ends up liking soccer or team sports at all.  Too early to tell. Hope my heart and lungs can take a whole season of this!






1 comment:

  1. Those pictures are awesome! They're so... normal, in a this-is-what-being-a-kid-is-all-about kind of a way.

    ReplyDelete