Little Sadie is TWO! I still remember being pregnant-can't believe she's already so big! I really need to post about her growth/development etc. I compose posts in my head all the time but they never make it to the computer...soon I hope :-) We had a smallish "playdate" birthday party for Sadie. Her 1st birthday was INSANE-60+ people in our small house was overwhelming so I vowed to pare down the list this year. We just invited friends with 2 year olds who Sadie actually plays with pretty regularly. It went well and I enjoyed being crafty with a Sesame Street theme :-) Happy Birthday to my super sweet little girl!
Ella helped me with the prep a lot and enjoyed being the one "big enough" to really help.
Ta-da!
These banners were $35 on Etsy which inspired me to make one. I had everything I needed except a few sheets of purple polka dot paper which was 50% off at Hobby Lobby so it cost me maybe $2? And was an easy hour long project :-) I like it so much I haven't taken it down yet ;-)
Ella helped me make this sign for the door and used her awesome cutting skills to cut almost all of it for me! (In case anyone wants to try this, i couldn't find a template I just had to copy a pic of the Sesame Street logo and cover up the words with my own green text box :-) )
The Abby Cadabby Cake! I had orginally been inspired by a pic on Pinterest of a 2 tiered cake with Abby and Elmo but time constraints led to axing the 2nd tier and Elmo. But, I'm still really happy with it! Doing the cake in one night took me 5+ hrs mostly because I made 11 colors of fondant (Chris and Ella helped!) which I really doubt I'll do again! The decorating with fondant is the part I really enjoy so rolling fondant for hours was rough. However, I have progressed in my cake covering skills and it only took me one try which is great improvement from before!
It was nice to have Elmo toys around that became instant decorations!
Loved these ideas from Pinterest (and from my cousin Kathy-thanks!) for Elmo faces out of fruit and vegetables!
This was Sadies' face when she came down from her nap and saw the whole Birthday Set up :-)
Outside we had lots of bubbles going since they're Sadie's favorite.
However, for the first time- she actually got a lot of bubble soap in
her eye at the party and screamed for a loooong time-so sad!
I helped blow out her candles a little bit :-)
Sadie's friend Madi got her the Elmo couch/bed she always plays in at Madi's house. It was a huge hit!
Loving (and understanding) opening presents for the first time!


I'm going to have to copy your ideas--Maggie adores Elmo & will surely have the same theme for her party! Cute little Sadie! How is she already 2?!
ReplyDeleteBoth your girls are darling, and your cake/ food/ theme was AMAZING!
ReplyDelete