Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Yoga!

A LONG time ago I got an email about a Yoga and Science camp this summer and had to sign Ella up!  She loves both and it was just too weird that they were offered together in this camp.  Well, she got to go last week and had a good time.  She didn't know anyone and she didn't get too nervous and did great making new friends and being dropped off at a new place with no familiar places-I'm SO impressed with her!  The camp offered an hour of yoga in the morning, an hour in the afternoon and various "cooking chemistry" (we chose the week that focused on science in cooking) activities in the middle of the day. 

She made slime with kitchen ingredients, pretzels, salt water taffy, ice cream and more.  She also learned a lot of yoga moves.  That led to an impromptu yoga lesson at the end of Life Group this week...

 the tree pose started off ok but...
 quickly deteriorated
 Chris and Dave tried some partner yoga moves
Ella was a really good teacher.  I can see her having a future in this!

No comments:

Post a Comment