Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Graduation Party!!

We had a fun celebration with friends and family to celebrate Chris' MS in Information Systems and my Counseling MS.  It was a wine and cheese party which turned out to be a really fun kind of party to throw.  We almost called off the party all together (we did change locations 2 weeks beforehand when we bought a house and decided an expensive party at a restaurant was not a wise move) but I'm SO glad we did it.  It was really fun to celebrate with friends, have closure, and surprise Chris by getting to read him the dedication from the mongo paper I wrote all semester-an ode to all his support :-) It was really fun to feel celebrated after such a long road!

(Amy got some great pics!)

Thanks Steph for the beautiful cake!  (and thanks pinterest for the great idea!)











POD!
Loyola peeps



checking each other's teeth, of course






Our Life Group!










1 comment:

  1. Nice pics :-)

    That was a SERIOUSLY fun party. We need to do the wine and cheese thing again soon.

    ReplyDelete