Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Last Day of Kindergarten

Ella has LOVED kindergarten and fell in love with her school.  She seemed to really connect with being a part of something bigger than herself-she loves being a "jaguar," loves her teachers and her friends.  She is very sad we're moving and this will be her only year there.  Thus, her last day of school was tough.  She actually held it together well but I was a mess as soon as she got on the bus.  I know she'll be fine in her new school but it's tough taking her away from a school we've been really happy with and that she loves.  The girl has literally memorized her yearbook from reading it for hours daily.  But, she acclimated quickly to this new school and will likely do the same this fall :-)

Here are some pics from her last day :-)








Sadie's "cheese" face :-)



Thanks God for a blessed first year of Elementary School for our girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment