For a few months, all 3 kindergarten classes at Ella's school have been working on a show for the end of the year. I got notes home about it, heard about auditions from Ella, and purchased a shirt for her to wear for it. However, I was NOT prepared for the type of show they put on! Who takes on coralling 75 5 and 6 year olds and teaching them a 45 minute play complete with narration, many parts with memorized lines, choreography, costumes, moving sets and scenery, and numerous songs???!!??? I was extremely impressed. The cuteness factor was through the roof and no one forgot lines, cried, ran off the stage, threw up, peed...what are the odds with that many tiny people? My hat is off to her teachers. It was awesome.
Ella was chosen to be a narrator because she's one of the top 3 readers in her class! She hates being up in front of people and performing and always says no in any opportunities I've given her but she LOVES her school and had no qualms about doing her part. She narrated loudly, clearly and with no apparent nervousness or stumbles. Who is this child?? I'm so proud of her since, like me, I know it's not her thing to be up in front. I'll stop gushing but suffice it to say, the Three Piggy Opera was wonderful!
Thanks also to my parents, grandmother and mother-in-law who came out to watch!
Peeking through the scenery after the play
No comments:
Post a Comment