Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, July 9, 2012

My Graduation!!

My road to becoming a counselor has been long but exactly right for me.  God's circuitous plan allowed me to gain experiences that will benefit my clients for years to come and I'm thankful it didn't all work out as I planned.  So, after starting programs at 3 different schools, I finally landed at Loyola University 4 1/2 years ago and with interruptions only to give birth, finished my program!  I now have an M.S. in Pastoral Counseling and will soon be a Licensed Graduate Professional Counselor (LGPC) and Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC).  Whoohoo!!!

waiting in the basement of 1st Mariner Arena
My hilarious, statistics professor Dr.Piedmont
My dad up in the nosebleed section of the Arena for Graduation
My Mother-in-law Nancy
Whoohoo! That's me graduating!
Chris and Ella






Can't believe Amy got this picture from WAYYYYY up in the bleachers!

The speaker was AWESOME.  Rev. Gregory Boyle who started a transitional work program in LA for Gang members.  He was hilarious, irreverent, and poignant at the same time.


Two of my biggest cheerleaders :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm SUPER proud of you!! I definitely got all choked up when you walked across the stage :-)

    ReplyDelete