Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Book-a-palooza

 So, have I mentioned Ella is OBSESSED with reading?  It happened this summer and has continued...if it weren't such a wonderful habit I'd be concerned!  We went to an amazing cheap book event at a Scholastic Books wharehouse nearby and Ella got to buy about 100 books for $10.  She found a couple series' there (Geronimo Stilton and Rainbow Magic) and she has started getting from the library and she's obsessed!  She'll read a whole chapter book in 45 minutes which means she'll read all 20 books we got from the library in a couple days.  It's slowed down a little since school started but she still asks to go to the library all the time-it's her new favorite activity.  

Chris and I had the goal of raising a reader (I was totally like her when I was young and Chris is like that now!) and so far, so good!


 One day she made me leave the room and then organized her Fairy books into categories with labels.  She's hilarious.



2 comments:

  1. That's so great! I'm curious whether it'll be harder to get boys into reading, although both Tim and I were readers as kids (and now).

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I love Ella holding her shopping bag!

    ReplyDelete