Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Ottoman remix

We have had this $99 ottoman from Overstock.com for about 6 years. The rips from little fingers have gotten to be an eyesore and its just too tempting for kids to start picking the foam out from inside. So, I sprung for another Overstock ottoman for the living room but wanted to reuse this one.

After searching for fabric and not being able to make a decision, I remembered I had a curtain from our old house that wouldn't fit any windows in the new house. And it fit perfectly for the ottoman!

I hot glued some cotton (free) into the tufted parts (they were really deep and I don't want the foam eventually sinking into them), covered the whole top with foam (about $5 cut to order at fabric store), and staple gunned the curtain (free!). Really happy with it and it matches well in our orange accented bedroom!










No comments:

Post a Comment