Pre-race. We look so clean!
Love the slogan "the happiest 5k on the planet!"
This was post race-there was an awesome "after party" and they did a bunch of these color blasts where everyone popped their bags of color powder at the same moment. It was awesome to be in the middle of it...surreal!

The race itself was tough for me-I was not quite ready for a 5k though I'd been trying to run more in preparation. Chris was content to run/walk with me and there were thousands of people who walked the whole thing. There were 13,000 people in our race and it was the second of the day! A total of 25,000 people! Craziness :-)
Dave & Julie brought the kids to the race so they could watch the spectacle and cheer us on and
we got to hang out with them after the race. The kids had mixed reactions...
Our stroller was definitely a casualty.
Sadie was not a fan of the color powder-as I predicted, she cried as soon as powder touched her. Then she fell asleep :-)
Sadie was not a fan of the color powder-as I predicted, she cried as soon as powder touched her. Then she fell asleep :-)
Ella, on the other hand, loved it and wants to run it with us next year! It was a really fun, happy day!








I LOVE the pic of you and Ella!
ReplyDeleteMatthew and Christopher should run this with you next year!