Ella has started talking a lot!! The phases have gone like this:
1.Signing
2.Jibberish
3.Using a few words
4.Few words plus new jibberish
5.Lots of words
6.Lots of words plus new jibberish.
She just started #6 this week. I had gotten used to understanding most of what she said but now there's a lot I don't understand. It's exciting though because all of that will turn into real English if the trend continues.
It's been a big week for her. She has started singing songs for the first time. She'll sing along with CDs and also sing to herself while playing (recognizable songs!!). It's SO cute to listen to! She's also started to kind of verbally summarize things she hears. If I'm reading to her and the page says "Elmo ran into the house as fast as he could" as soon as I finish she'll say "Elmo house fast." She's also been picking up books to "read" (which she's done for a long time) but she points to the words and pictures and says things that make sense! She's learning so much so fast!
My favorite things she's saying right now are...
"Hew-oh" (Hello)
"Honan" (Hold on)
"Honan a mini" (Hold on a minute)
"Eya Hode it?" (Can Ella hold it?)
"cholit mi?" (Can I have chocolate milk?)
"coo" (cool)
"hee-ya-go" (Here you go)
"hey-now" (playground)
"eena" (music)
Not sure how the last two fit but they really do sound like the real words if you say them enough times. Apparently "approximations" are all that is expected at this age so I'm enjoying this fun phase of Ella-ese. I'm hoping to get some videos posted here of her talking so we'll never forget how cute her "learning to talk" period is!
No comments:
Post a Comment