Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

On Strike

Ella is on a hunger strike. At least that's what I think it is. She's not acting sick and she's eaten the equivalent of 2 meals in the last 3 days. She ate a little at dinner tonight so I'm feeling encouraged. She's been drinking lots of milk and juice the whole time so she's getting something with food value but still, kind of scary to see her go DAYS with so little actual food intake. The first night she slept her normal 12 hrs but last night she woke up screaming every 1-2 hrs ALL NIGHT. It was wretched. How do people with new babies do it? How did I do it? So, I'm praying she'll sleep well tonight because the Lord knows we both need it. Hopefully the strike will end soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment