Ella had her 2 year check up today. She was a hero with the flu shot and getting her blood taken (we're doing a check for Lyme disease since we found a tick on her a few weeks ago). The poor tiny girl had 4 vials of blood taken!! Speaking of tiny, she's still a little over the 25th percentile for height and weight. She's gained 5 lbs and 3.5 inches in the past year-no wonder she's worn the same size clothes for about 7 months!
Dec Last Year: 20lbs 12oz, 30 inches
This Year: 25lbs 13 oz, 33.5 inches
All around she's a very healthy girl and doing everything (and more) that 24 month olds should do. She's still working on identifying letters and colors but is stunningly good at remembering every animal and random object we've ever pointed out to her. She knows all the words to "Jesus Loves Me" and sings a long to most every other kid song she hears. She's putting 6-7 words together in complete thoughts and though her speech isn't always discernable to the untrained ear, I understand most of it. She is in a FABULOUS phase (ever since the wretched refusing to sleep phase) where she's been sleeping from 8pm until close to 9am and napping from 1pm until 4:30ish. It's probably a growth spurt and I know it won't last so I'm enjoying it :-) I'll take and post some more pics soon. Oooo maybe I can scan our Christmas card onto here...I'll try.
No comments:
Post a Comment