Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Fweeking

I was reading Good Night, Gorilla to Ella the other night and on one page all of the animals go to sleep in the zoo keeper's bedroom. On the next page it's all black except for the zookeeper's wife's eyes when she realizes the animals are there. We've read this a bazillion times but this time, as soon as we turn to the page with the eyes....

Ella yells: Fweeking out! Fweeking out!
Me (thinking I didn't understand her): What?
Ella, louder : Fweeking out!!!
Me, giggling: Freaking out?
Ella: Yeah Mommy, lady is fweeking out!!

She kept saying it over and over and I was laughing so hard I almost fell off the chair. It's moments like that when I really wish I had a video camera running 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment