Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Virus transmission and where babies come from

Conversations with Ella...

Wed. morning I'd mentioned to Ella that Hannah was sick and not coming to music class, this conversation happened about 4pm on Thursday

Me (feeling her head and hearing her cough): Ella do you feel yucky?
Ella sadly: Hannah's Sick, now Ella's sick (shaking her head as if to say "what a shame")
Chris incredulously to me: Virus transmission is NOT innate knowledge. HOW DOES SHE KNOW THAT??
Beats me


This morning while Ella was looking at our friends' Jen, Shaun, and Lexi's Christmas picture I told her that Miss Jen has a new baby in her tummy and it's a little girl like her. I told her that later the baby will come out and we can play with her. This is the first time we've ever discussed this so I expected it would just go over her head. A little while later I told Chris about what I'd told Ella and he asked her what was in Miss Jen's tummy. Without missing a beat she enthusiastically said "My new friend!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment