Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lexi's Birthday Party

Birthday Parties are a big deal these days. Ella talked about her friend Caroline's party almost every day for months afterwards and Lexi's party is proving to have the same impact. She had SO much fun!


She LOVES helping in the kitchen lately and was excited to make cupcakes for Lexi


playing outside before it got dark and cold (not that that would deter her)


She was strangely captivated by foosball



There was a box of hats and she tried most of them on. I have a hysterical picture of some of the dads sporting some fun hats but they probably wouldn't appreciate me posting it for the world to see. (It's really funny though)


Amused by her friend Caroline (of birthday party fame)


Ella and the Birthday girl in the moon bounce


After MANY tries (and eventually some help) she made it to the top of the moon bounce slide! This was the first time she would go near any "bouncy" toy and not FREAK out and cry. She's overcome her fear!

Thanks J and S for throwing such a fun party!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! These are so fun! (You're nicer than I am... I'm posting the picture, I think :)

    ReplyDelete