Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, May 12, 2008

Day Three-Dutch Wonderland!!

The Hershey people were really smart when they decided to help out the underserved toddler population by creating a whole amusement park where Ella, at 2 1/2, could go on almost every ride. There were enough "cool, big kid" rides that this park will be totally worth it for another 8 years or so. We had a lot of fun and I was SO impressed with how much Ella was willing to try!

This was the first ride that Ella went on by herself-I admit I was a little nervous and kinda surprised she was willing to do it (she's not really the dare-devil type). She did great and went on every "kids only" ride she could!

This was a fun one! I almost hit the ride attendant when I tried to stop but it worked out..

Ella LOVED this slide and went on it at least 5 times.

The Carousel was surprisingly fast and fun!

Ella didn't like this ride. It was one of the "kid only" rides. She sat in the little box by herself and looked pathetically bored the whole time. When she got off and I asked if it was fun she said "nope." She needed a pint sized friend.


"Choo Choo Charlie" was a cool ride where the kids hold on to little handles and it turns the wheels and scoots them around a track. She was a little bit too small so they gave Chris a big rod to push against the back and scoot her around (a bunch of parents were doing this). The ride was a little stop and go as Ella kept saying "No, Daddy, don't help me! I do it myself!" but overall, they made it around without getting hit by the bigger kids :-)


Our little Amish girl

This log ride was too scary for me (I DO NOT do roller coasters) but Ella loved it!


After a long day, Ella, completely by herself, ran over to this bench and told us "Hold on a minute, I'm sweepy, I need a nap." Asking for a nap means it was a good day in toddler world!

2 comments:

  1. Can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take this same exact vacation together next year? My kids would LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a lot of fun. I need to take Hannah there sometime.
    I just found out that you had a blog. So many pics and stories I missed out on. See you soon!
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete