Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, June 23, 2008

On our walk...

Today while on a walk/run with Ella in the stroller...

Ella: Oooo! Look Mom! That car has a tunnel around it! (pointing to a car port)

Me: Ooo! Ella-do you see that bunny? Oh, he's running away.
Ella: He's not running away mom, he's just going home. To his mommy and daddy's house.

Me: (stopping to stretch)
Ella: What are you doing?
Me: Mommy has shin splints, I'm just stretching my legs out
Ella: Oh, you're hurting?
Me: Yeah
Ella: It's ok, I'll get you a bandaid when we get home

And finally, every time I start running (which believe me is not all that fast) Ella shrieks "Mommy STOP GOING FASTER!! AHHHHH!!" It baffles me that she actually seems to get a little scared. It usually works out because I only run a block or two a time. I wonder if my tendency to be a motion-sick-scared-of-roller-coasters-or-even-cars-going-fast-person is genetic!? We'll see. Meanwhile I'll do my part in exposing her to "speed" by occasionally jogging :-) I get some excerise and she can hopefully overcome her fear of going 3 miles per hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment