Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Stuff

So, today, Ella played in her playroom with no prompting from me, for AN HOUR. She has NEVER played by herself in our house for more than ten minutes without coming to get me or calling me or at least coming to show me something. It was SO strange and kinda freaked me out but also gave me a glimpse (hopefully) of the future! It was shocking but also seemed very healthy that she was actually engaged in a toy and enjoying herself for so long. Wow...it would totally change my life if this becomes a regular thing. I'm having the revelation that this is why some people don't feel compelled to leave their house all the time in order to keep their child entertained...their kid actually plays without almost constant interaction. This is a new concept for me...mind-blowing...
Anyway, not a whole lot else to report concerning Ella but here are some recent fun pics.


Uncle Dave and Aunt Julie graduated! We're SO proud of them!

Ella and Uncle Dave :-)

We went out to breakfast a while ago and ordered Ella a cinnamon roll instead of a whole meal and figured she'd mostly eat what was on our plates. Well, the cinnamon roll was as big as my head-literally. Ella was kinda scared of it and didn't eat ANY. Oy.

Ella helped us put together a new stool for her table and fell in LOVE with the drill.

Chris took Ella to an Air Show and she got to hang out in the cockpit!

And finally, one recent conversation:
(while changing Ella's diaper yesterday)

Ella:Mom, I went poo-poo
Me: I know, I'm cleaning you up right now
Ella:Mom, do you like poo-poo?
Me: No, poo-poo is kinda yucky.
Ella:Mom, do you like poo-poo in your mouth?
Me: No! Why? Did you put poo-poo in your mouth??
Ella: (apologetically) yeah...
Me:When??
Ella: Last Tuesday
Me: (laughing because "Tuesday" was a good sign she was just making it up) You're so silly!
Ella: I did! on Thursday! (to my relief, further revealing she was making it up)

No comments:

Post a Comment