Running through the strawberry fields last June
Same thing this year but she's much faster!
We met a bunch of friends there-here's Amy and some of the kids picking away (very few moments were this seriously focused on actually picking strawberries)
Hannah's basket was full of stems instead of strawberries-she ate everything she picked! She's hilarious. Jen suggested that they should weigh the kids before and after picking so we can pay for the difference!
After picking we picnicked and played by the barns. For some reason Ella took a liking to this rock and "held it like a tiny baby" (her words) for quite a while. She only put it down for us to play "ring around the rosey" but then insisted we sing "ring around the rock" which made us all laugh :-)
Enjoying the beautiful sunflowers.
Jam making time! Ella washed 'em, I cut 'em, Ella squished 'em.
Her shirt got wet in the process and she was adamant that I needed to take it off for her. Then she helped add the sugar.
She's learning the art of controlled stirring so everything stays in the bowl-she did very well.
The finished product! After about step 4 Ella lost interest in the process and kept asking when we could put jelly on the strawberries-she didn't quite grasp that we were making the jelly-but we had fun until then! I'll report back about if it actually turns into jelly :-)
Look so fun. I wish I was there.
ReplyDeletePing