Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Playdate at Jen's

I realized I've never blogged about our lovely playdates at Jen's house. Jen is one of those lovely people who is welcoming and generous and doesn't mind kids making messes or climbing all over her things (within reason). Jen has 2 beautiful little girls (L is Ella's age and C is 8 months) and they have mountains of toys that are different from ours (Jen is quite the creative toy buyer) so Ella always has a blast with L getting into everything. On this occasion Amy was sick so we took Hannah with us and the three girls played for HOURS with only a few fires for us to put out (figurative ones of course). Thanks for letting us come wreck your house Jen! We love you! (and we'll be there to do it again tomorrow!)

Jen and baby C

The girls snuck into C's crib and were in the midst of a full fledged game of "Animal Hospital" when we found them.

And of course with 3 little girls, dress up ensued.

My little disco princess diva in full costume. She walks shockingly well in heels. Oh teenage years...stay away...

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love all of these. You guys can come wreck my house any time. Before I had kids, this was totally what I always wanted. Lots of kids over, having a good time being super creative and cute. :)

    ReplyDelete