Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Monday, April 12, 2010

He is Risen!

Easter Sunday was blessed! Church was wonderful. I can't get away from the idea that Easter is immensely significant. It's the pinnacle of our faith and I believe, the most important Holy-Day of the year. I can't decide if it's good that it gets less "hype" than other holidays (so it doesn't become even more commercialized) or if it should, at least within the Church, get more attention. Either way, it's up to me to really celebrate what God's done for me and I'm blessed to have done so! It was great to spend the morning in our home church with people we love and a place where I consistently meet with God. So thankful for that place and my Lord-the one who could take on sin for me and did. Amazing.

After church we go to spend a little time with Chris' side of the fam for a classic Easter dinner, an egg hunt, and of course pics of the cousins all dressed up :-)












When we headed home I gave Chris and Ella their Easter Baskets...


...and they were soon too into the candy to even look at the camera!


I don't blame them :-) I'm about to go get some of the leftovers right now...

1 comment: