Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring is here!

I have NEVER been so excited for Spring! I'm usually lamenting how little snow we had and praying for another month of cold just for the chance at some decent snowfall. Well, this year, there was NO shortage of snow and I am loving being able to be outside and enjoy flowers, gentle breezes, and of course, wearing flip flops. Ella has graduated to "big girl" flip flops with not strap on the back and we're both rather impressed with her. Here are some pics of us enjoying the new season!


checking out her shadow


she wanted to make a "sun angel" :-)


pretending to lick the dog toy she picked out for Raleigh while trying to teach her to fetch (even with peanut butter on it, that dog will not pick up a toy and bring it to you!)


Digging!




When we explored the garden for the first time post-snow there was actually broccoli growing!!


And this, is what a tomato looks like after 3 blizzards :-)

1 comment:

  1. We have yet to try out big kid flip flops but I'm super excited to be wearing my own!

    LOVE the "sun angel" pic! She's so creative!

    ReplyDelete