Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Home. A. LOT. I mean, Snow Day!!!

Snow has finally come!  I am a snow lover as everyone knows but I must say it was hard to get excited about this storm because I've gotten my hopes up so often this year and then been sorely disappointed with an inch here and there and a day off of school for ice.  Boo.  So, I am enjoying the snow but the usual anticipation wasn't enjoyable because I was too worried the meteorologists were screwing with me again.


We've been filling our time with playing outside, cooking a ton (I've made shredded pork with homemade BBQ sauce, a new guacamole recipe, pink banana pancakes, and homemade soft pretzels which I'll blog about next-they were ahhhhhmaaaaaazing), doing games and puzzles, reading, and watching some TV.  It's been 2 full days of this though and there have been a lot of fun moments but I am also very aware that I need my space-physical space, space in the form of quiet to think, space to be, think, talk...and my particular 5 year old doesn't like space.  Any space.  So, it's been a good couple days but my nerves are getting a little raw at this point.  I think I'm starting to twitch a little bit...nothing I won't recover from :-) Good thing she's awfully cute and pretty hilarious :-)


1 comment: