Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Dad Rocks Part Dos

So, not easily thwarted by the nasty eggs, Chris and Ella pressed on with high hopes that the 2nd Ziploc recipe would have better results.  It's ice cream after all, it's got to be good, right?

 Step 1: Gather milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and whatever ingredients you want to add to flavor your ice cream.  Chris and Ella chose peanut butter and chocolate chips.

Step 2: Combine all of the ingredients in a Ziploc bag except for the salt
Step 3: Add Salt to a larger Ziploc bag of ice.  Then add smaller bag of ingredients to that bag and shake.  Or dance around with it on your head.

 Step 4: Spoon it out and eat!
Results: So it seems we've moved from a negative rating with the egg recipe to a mediocre "eh" rating for the ice cream.  Chris said it had a strange consistency and as you can see in the video below Ella thought it tasted like "nothing."  They didn't dislike it but it wasn't a huge winner.  So, guess we'll be tweaking our ziploc recipes :-)  Good thing the fun is in the journey.

1 comment:

  1. That video is hilarious! I too had high hopes for the ice cream. I want to try it with strawberries... even if it has a weird texture I bet the kids will love it.

    ReplyDelete