So, when we lived in Arizona for 4 years we lived in a small Army base town with not many dining establishments. Thus, it was full throttle, stand-in-line kind of excitement whenever someplace new opened. But somehow they opened a Quiznos near our house and we never went. Ever. We kinda always meant to try it out, but moved away and
still, had never tried it.
Thus, the concept of "a Quizno" was born in our family. It's a word we use now to describe something you want to do, could easily do, but don't. The Smithsonian Natural History Museum is totally a Quizno for us. DC is so close yet seems so far away. But we were heading down there for the weekend (more to come on that) and decided to swing by. It. Was. AMAZING. I think I'm crazy for not going ALL THE TIME. It was awe-inspiring the second you walked in. And it's free? We only covered maybe a 3rd of it and had buckets of fun. We'll
so be back. Quizno no more!
 |
| The light up x-ray machine thing was pretty awesome |
 |
| Sadie was banging two shells together and actually chipped one. Ooops. Glad it wasn't a fossil or anything... |
 |
| This entire "coral reef" was knit in yarn! |
 |
| I have a memory (and my Dad likes to tell the story) of when my dad chaperoned my pre-k fieldtrip to the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum but we were bored there so he snuck me and another kid out when the teachers didn't know and took us to see the Giant Squid at the Natural History Museum across the way. My Dad is the coolest dad ever. I still much prefer Giant Squid to Planes :-) |
 |
| Rain did not keep the crowds away! |
 |
| This is the view from right outside the Musuem (it was POURING rain when we arrived, hence the ominous clouds) |
I LOVE Natural History! Whenever I find myself downtown with a little time to kill, I pop in there. My favorite parts are the bone hall and the bug zoo.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am totally adopting the term "Quizno."
So, I'm realizing that I read a bunch of your posts on my phone and never saw the pics. This looks like SUCH a great trip! And I agree, why don't we go to DC all the time?
ReplyDeleteLooks like you guys had a blast! I watched a thing on the crochet coral reef and how it is unique visual representation of a mathematical formula. Now I HAVE to go see it!
ReplyDelete