I loooove fall...the colors, the weather, the foliage, thanksgiving food, Halloween and GOURDS! I love how beautiful and odd and bumpy and striped and solid and curvy and plump different fall gourds are. For a decade I've made "glitter gourds" for a centerpiece most years and they always end up on my mantle too. Though I'm partial to the funky, odd, tiny ones, big old orange Pumpkins are the main attraction around Halloween and I love those too.
I grew up carving pumpkins and It evokes all kinds of nostalgia. The feeling of pumpkin guts on my hands, choosing a design, using a rickety little plastic handled saw and being shocked every year how well it worked, toasting and eating the seeds...love it all. So last year Chris and i decided to spread the love and invite the cousins to join us to carve. Hoping this will become the event we get to host for years to come!











Oh my. Who taught my son to pose like that?
ReplyDelete