Part of what I love about the girls' names is that they were both popular 100 years ago and many people with those names are now great-grandmas. Both names evoke a vision for me of sweet old ladies rocking away together on a porch. I pray Ella and Sadie will live meaningful lives full of love and will be enjoying each other on a front porch somewhere many years from now.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Stop Hunger Now

We were able to participate in packing over 100,000 meals for people in Uganda! Our church partnered with the organization Stop Hunger Now that travels all over with trailers full of supplies for willing volunteers to turn into nutritious meals for starving people all over the world. They have the packing part down to a science! They schooled us, assigned jobs, turned loud music on and let us go! The atmosphere was awesome with so many people in motion, fun music (I admitted to Julie that I only knew the Katy Perry song they played bc she sang it on Sesame Street, I'm quite out of the loop), and they rang a loud gong for every 10,000 meals packed! Our group, in less than 2 hrs packed 144,000!! A really fun way to involve kids and introduce difficult concepts (hunger) while doing something about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment